Saturday, January 28, 2017

Thank you DebbieDoo's!

This is a project that I am really excited about! It is so simple too!

 I want to thank DebbieDoo's for giving me the courage to tackle this one. You can find the tutorials over on her FaceBook page HERE.

Debbie is an awesome lady and shares so many fun crafts!

What she shared for this project is 1) making the slip cover for my body pillow. And 2) Using Rit Dye to use with a stencil.

What I used:
Canvas Drop Cloth
Heat and Bond
Scissors
Tape measure
Red Heat Transfer Vinyl
Silhouette Cameo 3
designs from Silhouette Store
Rit Dye
paintbrush

Here it is...

I had a store bought cover to put over this body pillow so I used it for approximate measures to cut the drop cloth. Using the hemmed end for the opening, I used Heat and Bond to make the bottom and one side seam. Easy peasy! 

Then I used my Cameo to cut out the Roses, and ironed them on. 

Finally I picked up some Rit Dye after watching Debbie's tutorial. I picked dark green, but it must have been mis-labeled or maybe expired, because there was nothing green in there. That's okay. I cut out the rose stem using scrap vinyl and placed it on my canvas pillow cover, then used the Rit Dye to fill it in. 


The end result is sweet even if it did come out black. I had fun doing this and it didn't take long. Between cutting the vinyl for the stem, and applying the dye it took maybe an hour, and added a bit of dimension to the cover. 

I did the same thing on the other side, and am still debating on if I will do the same on the opposite end of the cover. 

Overall, it was a fast, fun little project that anyone can do! 

I hope you enjoyed this little project and thanks for stopping by!