Monday, February 16, 2015

Poppie's Famous Repurposing Paint Powder review

*This is a sponsored post.. I received product to sample in lieu of this post*

I recently saw a post on Facebook offering samples of Poppie's Repurposing Paint Powder, which you can find at Poppie's Paint Powder, and quickly signed up. In no time at all it was in my mailbox and I was thinking of a way to make my craft room work better for me.

I had this old shelving unit in my spare bedroom that needed work, and this seemed like a good time to put it to use. I got to work getting it stable enough to house my printer, Silhouette cutting machines, and other items.




By this time I knew it needed to be spiffed up, and what better way to do that then to paint it and use Poppies Repurposing Paint Powder to help me! It is easy to mix into your latex paint, and gives it the chalky finish we all adore.

I chose a powder blue color that I had recently picked up at Ace Hardware in their mis-tint section for a very good price. This project took two coats for good coverage and I did not sand in between coats. I still hand paint my pieces, because I enjoy the look of brush strokes for some crazy reason.



Once it was sturdy and painted, I lightly sanded with a fine grit sandpaper and lightly distressed in a few spots, mainly edges where the shelving would likely get the most wear from an outside door it sits by. I also used my Silhouette Cameo to cut decorations for one side of the shelf.





Once the paint was dry,  and sanding was complete, I applied General Finishes Satin Top Coat to protect my project from the wear and tear it will likely endure in my craft room. Once finished, I put it in the place it was most convenient for working on projects, next to my work table and began setting my things on it where they are easily accessible yet out of the way when needed.



Overall, I totally enjoyed working with Poppie's Repurposing Paint Powder and have enough left over to do another project in the future! It enabled me to get the finish I wanted, to distress as if it was true chalk paint, and looks great on the finished piece! I look forward to using it on another piece and am grateful for the opportunity to try this product, just as you will like it if you try it too! So hop on over to Poppie's Paint Powder  and get some of this terrific product to try on your next project! You won't regret it, rest assured!

Thanks for looking!