Sunday, December 28, 2014

Side table complete

This table was given to me in shambles a year ago. The lady was in the middle of restoring it. I tried with all my might to piece it back together but it did not work out. The thin sides were falling apart and having not seen how to taken apart, I was not able to put Humpty Dumpty back together again.

So I did the next best thing! I kept the legs and mounted a new top. Just a pine round, but it works and is sturdy. This is how I got it.



And here it is now. I have it posted on a Auction site in my town with a starting bid of $30. The buyer will have the option to add more details for an extra fee, or to simply have top coat applied for free. 


I bought the pine round at Home Depot last year for $5.00 and have had it kicking around ever since. It is screwed onto the base of the table and is very secure. 



Simple yet nice, is what I was going for. It will make a lovely table for someone, hopefully soon!