Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pair of chairs

I am sure you have probably seen them all over Face Book already but I decided to write about them any way.

I am in love with this pair of chairs! Partially for the soft color, which is Persian Blue by General Finishes. And partly because they are exactly what I envisioned them to be. With the white stenciled designs against the Persian Blue and not having both chairs decorated the same.

These two chairs were part of a set of 4. One chair had a broken seat that I opted not to repair and the 3rd chair I sold as is. These two are destined to be a part of my home for years to come.

First I cleaned them up, and primed then with Zinsser primer. After priming I gave a light sanding, followed by painting. After painting, I used General Finishes High Performance Top Coat to seal the paint. Once that was completed the real fun began!


I picked out a design in my Silhouette software that appealed to me and cut a reverse stencil. For this first chair I cut the stencil 3 times, using vinyl. I use vinyl because it seals well and there is no bleed through. I applied my stencils, and painted them one at a time, because each stencil had some intense weeding to complete after painting over them. 

My second chair was easier to weed, but delicate. For this chair, I cut the stencil into three parts. I did this After the stencil was cut on my Silhouette rather than to to try to adjust the stencil in the software.


For both chairs, after weeding my stencils and giving ample time for the paint to dry, I applied a second coat of General Finishes High Performance Top Coat. This will seal my stencil onto the chairs and ensure these two simple yet appealing chairs perform in my home for years to come!! 

I hope you like them as much as I do!