Saturday, July 12, 2014

My craft room

My craft room is starting to take shape finally!  When I first moved into this house, I had a vision for the 'pantry' as my landlady calls it. I knew it would be perfect for a craft room. It has taken time to get to a point where I was able to move things around and make it just that. 

I was hoping to replace the flooring in that room first but circumstances haven't provided (cheap enough) flooring to do that with and it was time to get the room set up. 

I use my buffet for craft supplies so it got moved into the pantry today. The cupboard sitting on top is also filled with supplies. Eventually that will get painted to blends in and provide better inspiration. 




I moved my kitchen table into the pantry a few days ago to make room in the breakfast nook for a portable air conditioner. 


The table provides good work space for my printer and Silhouette. I also have a fan to set my laptop on for those heavy duty cutting jobs ;) Above the table is a set of windows that look out onto the back porch (it's an enclosed porch) and beyond that is the dogs yard, with windows to watch them out of when the weather is cooler for them to even be out. Now I am excited to get busy with my Silhouette and start creating something FUN!



There are the pantry cupboards that I honestly do not need for food storage, so as time progresses they just might be filled up with more craft supplies! 

This room has just enough room for all of my supplies to be in one place and convenient so I am pleased with it. Now my breakfast nook has a new table that I scored today for $20! It came with 2 stools. I have to move the red cart and the portable AC around but I was super stoked to get this table...it fits the space sooo much better.