Tuesday, July 1, 2014

From cabinet door to cute and quick project!

I have been MIA for quite some time and for that I apologize. It has been tough being back to work and trying to keep up with things. The drive to work is anywhere from 10 to 85 miles, one way, depending on where I am going.

Today I got a wild hair and grabbed an old cabinet door. I had started to make it into something awhile back but it didn't feel right so I never finished it. Today's project felt right!

No before pics :( but you can use your imagination .... a plain wooden cabinet door, lacking luster. It actually came off of an entertainment center.

I used General Finishes Persian Blue for the outer edges, a true white on the raised edges and a specially mixed pink for the center. Then I broke out my trusty Silhouette Portrait and cut the wording, using a shape from the Silhouette store.


I will be using Mod Podge to seal the vinyl down and a General Finishes top coat for the rest. There is a spot on the right for a knob that I will paint white and reattach, which will be a perfect place to hang an apron! 

So not a complicated project at all! A little paint, and a Silhouette is all it took to put together a cute little sign, just in time for the celebrations on the 4th of July! 

Hopefully I will be back sooner than later, depending on my schedule for work. I strongly dislike how my blog has taken the back burner and not having time to let my creative side out! 

Check back to see the final shot of the sign! 



$1.00 off ONE Crest ProHealth Rinse 500ml