Saturday, March 15, 2014

Look what I found today!

I didn't go to yard sales, but rather opted to stay home and sort through boxes and totes. I needed to locate my Birth Certificate and Social Security Card for sure, since I need to take my written exam for my Oregon Driver's License, and am looking for work. I am proud to say these items are FOUND!! 

From the moment I moved into my house, I have searched high and low for a drawer that contained the bolts and nuts to put a dining table back together. This table came from my daughter, and it was, and still is, my intention to paint it as well as the chairs and reupholster the chairs too. It was literally mind bogging how I was not able to find this little drawer! I too was Found!

This allowed me to set up my table and my printer and Silhouette Portrait too! I chose this location specifically for the light provided by two windows and an overhead florescent light! 



My kitchen has plenty of storage for pots, pans, Rubbermaid, dishes, and all the good stuff I have for my kitchen so I honestly no longer really need my buffet that I recently painted. But then an idea crossed my mind...yes, that can be scary, or it can prove to work out quite well. In this case, I think it works out splendidly! 

Last year I had purchased a cabinet. A wooden cabinet, but I didn't buy the base it sat on. So, yesterday my brother and his room mate brought it over, so it is now getting married to my buffet. (I say getting married because the cabinet still needs painting-they look terrible now with one being painted and one not )


The top of my buffet got damaged when moving so when I paint the cabinet I will also be repairing the paint job on the buffet. I think once these little things are fixed and cabinet is painted, it will be a beautiful marriage! 

My buffet now holds all of my Silhouette supplies, craft supplies, and some paperwork hidden in a drawer. I think this works so well because the drawers in the buffet are deep enough to hold all my vinyl, chipboard and anything else I can find to fill them up, while the cabinet on top holds my assortment of glue, washi tape, frog tape, glue gun, wood burning kit and so much more! I even have a place to store waxes and specialty paints. So rather than losing things all over the house, it is all centrally located just 3 steps away from my crafting table and printer. This is going to make crafting sooooo much easier, and therefore soooo much more FUN!






My brother also delivered to me, the old windows out of his house yesterday and some other items of mine that were left over at his house, and this afternoon I will be getting all of my pallets back. We all know what this means! I will be in crafting Heaven very very soon!! I just have a bit more organizing to do before I can restarted and believe me, it is going to be AWESOME!!

Out in my garage, I have 3 chairs to reupholster and paint, that belong to this table; I have a coffee table to paint; a side table to rebuild; and at my brother's house I have a large dining table to finish and sell and 3 captain's chairs to paint and/or repurpose. So it's time for me to kick things in high gear and get to moving!! 

What do you think of my new crafting space(s)??

Thanks for stopping by!