Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Finally, I have good news!

As most of you know, I moved back to Oregon at the beginning of January. I had only been in my home state of Washington for 4 months when my family here were faced with sudden crisis and needed me back. It feels nice to be needed.

I came back on January 1st. New Years Day....spent the morning through mid afternoon loading a 26' U-Haul truck and driving the late afternoon till late that night, when we stopped in Pendleton, Oregon for the night. We were unsure of the roads ahead, and with a dangerous canyon and the Blue Mountains ahead of us, staying over was wise.

Now I have been back almost a month. Living with my brother is still not ideal for me. I am used to living alone, and I have dogs...big dogs that need space to live. My brother now has a cat that does not like dogs so I am forever on guard to prevent conflicts between dogs and this cat. I also have cats, but they belong to these dogs and like y dogs.

So I found out about a rental house that is going to be available soon....like the end of February or so. And, while my method to inquire about renting it was 'different' (I am not ready to divulge those details) I found out tonight that .... I GOT THE HOUSE!!

It is currently occupied by a couple who are planning on moving. The house they are moving to is being repaired. It will take the month of February for those repairs to be complete. Once that is done, they will move and then I will move shortly after that into the house they are in now. Sooooo, I will be in my own place by mid March!

The house is a 2 bedroom 1 bath, the rent is extremely cheap in comparison to what most rents are, and she is okay with my dogs. She lives in Washington so won't be stopping by often. I can decorate and enjoy my life in her house and all will be well with my soul. I can get back to painting and crafting!!! I can make the place my own, and I can garden too! The yard is HUGE!  There is already a big garden in front. It has a detached garage! Guess where I will be painting?!?!?!!!!!


Six more weeks of cramped space and I will be able to bring my treasures out of storage and settle in. I have 6 more weeks to find work too! The owner knows I haven't found a job yet and why and how I intend to pay the bills and....I got the House!!!!

Whoop Whoop!!!

Now it's time for the snow to go away. Time for me to find a perfect job so I can start building a life here. I feel blessed. I feel so lucky to have managed to land this house. I feel ....Excited!! I can't wait to start decorating and doing projects to make it my own. To put things into place so I can craft my heart out, and to feel whole again!

But mostly I feel blessed!