Saturday, December 28, 2013

Top 3 Posts from GiveMeAPaintbrush in 2013!

First of all, I want to wish you all a very Happy New Year!  I am excited for 2014, with hopes it will exceed my wildest dreams!

GiveMeAPaintbrush was Born is 2013 so the year was not a total waste. So much happened before and after the birth of my blog. From waiting for a new season of work that started late, to deciding to move to Oregon, to moving back to Washington, and now...now I am about to return to Oregon. Crazy, Huh!

So I follow my stats for my blog like any one else and I am amazed at my number one post. It was for the November Silhouette Challenge, using reverse stencils cut out with my Silhouette Portrait which can be found Here. To date, this post has had over 1300 views which is pretty big for me.

My 2nd most popular post was my Oval Coffee table found Here. That was my very first real Silhouette project and was a lot of fun to do. I still like how that coffee table turned out. It sold before I left Oregon several months ago.

Coming in at #3 was all about making signs with stickers from the Dollar Store. That post is found here. Those signs were all about my experimenting and trying to stay busy.

My personal favorite project was a paint job on an old Buffet. I think it was my favorite because it was quite appealing to me in the end. I liked the way it was built and how nice it looked after I finished.


While I have no idea what 2014 is going to bring to me, I hope that it will be more fabulous pieces like this to work on! It was fun to see how it came together. It also sold before I moved, but I will continue to be on the lookout for more nice pieces to paint and resell in the future. Personally I find it quite therapeutic to repair and paint old neglected pieces. I look forward to the challenges in the coming year.

My next post will come after I get moved back to Oregon, after the New Year kicks off so have a wonderful New Year's and we'll chat on the flip side!!