Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas

I haven't posted this week while I was preparing for Christmas so this is a mix of all that's going on.

With kids and grand kids I wanted to make things for them. It started with my December Silhouette Challenge project that I made for my daughter. You can find that post here!

For my son, I decided to try Subway Art. Using my Silhouette Portrait, and Double Sided Adhesive, and glitter, I made a Christmas Themed Subway Art for him and his wife. 

For my son's two girls, I made candy jars that turned out cute. I used Double Sided adhesive for their names and filled them with candy canes. They will be really good with hot cocoa! 



For my youngest daughter I made a simple vinyl project using a frame and a saying from the Silhouette store. For her two kids I made candy jars. Using large canning jars and a sheet each of glittered foam, a sheet of vinyl and a pair of scissors. It was a simple project and I like how they turned out too! 

It was nice to see all of my kids and the grands! On Christmas Day I went to my oldest daughter's and spent the day there. We watched Home Alone together while dinner was cooking. 

Now that Christmas is over, it is time to start packing. I have struggled with this decision, but the fact of the matter is, my family needs help. 

When I left Oregon, it was to come home and get back to work. I got 'some' work here, but haven't had anything for over 2 months. That was 4 months ago. I came 'home' in late August. Now I am going to pack up and move again. 

On Wednesday, December 18th, my brother had another stroke. He has MS and had already had one stroke. At this time, he is still in the Hospital. On December 23rd, my dad was forced to surrender his driver's license. Mom has not driven for many years. So my folks need me to drive them to appointments and shopping, etc, and my brother needs me there to help him more with things. We are not sure what he will be able to do on his own once he goes home, but it would be better to have me there and ready when he gets there.  

It felt very selfish to give this more than a thought, but I struggled with this decision. I already lived there for a year and was unable to find work there. I was living in my brother's house while he was remodeling, and I know much of those projects are still incomplete. My heart might be here, but my body is needed there. So I am going. 

I am packing as fast as I can. I need to go before the roads get too bad to make it over the passes. So between collecting boxes and filling them up, then traveling back to my brothers house in Oregon, I may not be able to post much for a bit. That saddens me too. While I am reluctant to leave Washington again, I do know that things have a way of working themselves out, and I do look forward to seeing what I left behind there. Like my 8 old windows, and my old door, and my dining table and chairs I was working on. They are still all there, from what I am told. And access to tools! Whoop Whoop! 

Yes, I believe and hope that there will still be time to do some repurposing and upcycling, decorating and creating. Maybe I will find enough time to get a bunch of stuff ready for spring to have a booth! I have to hang onto the hope that I will manage to keep doing what I have come to love when I get back, and that Is where it started. That's where my blog was born!