Monday, November 4, 2013

Vision for Octagon Table goes south

I have been slowly working on an Octagon shaped table that was recently given to me. I had a vision for it, and finally have it to a point where I could try to start pulling my vision for this table together.

I knew it would be a challenge. I wasn't positive it would be impossible....

All I can say is it looks bad. Pretty yes, but not what my vision was like....AT ALL!

There are 8 legs on this table with LOTS of detail. The (4) inside legs would be easy enough to do:

However the amount of detail on the (4) outer legs....well I am just not sure that I can pull this off! 


Up close and personal with this leg, it reminds me of a child eating spaghetti and getting it all over their little face. I used baby wipes to clean up the edges and it just looks like Blech! So now I am looking at weather or not I should continue to try this, or maybe use another color, or maybe just fill it in/paint over this with the original base color there and wax...letting the dark wax fill in where it wants?! 

Needless to say, if I continue with the detailing, this project is going to take a much longer time than anticipated. It already takes me triple the amount of time to complete a project than it does the average gal out there. Seriously, this post should be about this piece being all done! But instead, it about how I am doubting that I can pull off this vision I had. 

I don't know where I am going with this piece or with this post to be honest! I want so badly to get this piece done and up for sale. I still have soooooo much to do on it without the detailing! I guess what I need to do is go see what it is going to look like with just wax, and decide from there, right?

Meanwhile, I would love to read some input from other's! Would you skip the detail? Wax and call it good? Or would you move forward with this crazy vision on the detailing? 

Leave me a note in the comments!!!
And thanks for stopping by to see my latest mess!!