Thursday, September 12, 2013

Job Hunting ... and Spice Racks

Job hunting is so time consuming! Moving was difficult enough, but job hunting here is a complete time consuming bummer! I can't begin to tell you how many hours I have spent online filling out application after application! But of course, first going to each of these stores only to find out that they only accept applications online! So not only do I spend a good deal of time online, but I also spend a good deal of time going to individual establishments. This has never been my favorite part of life! I would rather paint...anything!



The worst part of it is how much time it takes away from painting and letting my creative juices flow! Once I get home from going to all of those establishments, get home, look them up online and fill out the applications, the day is nearly shot.

So I thought I would paint on Saturday. That plan came to a screeching halt when the owner I rent from informed me that she was having Pest control come out Saturday morning. Yes, pests are something one has to deal with when living in the country. She was also having the Glass Doctor come to replace a window at the same time. So Saturday morning, I get up after a bad night, not in the best of moods, and face the activity. Once these two are gone, I am set to paint....While the pest control guy was here I did manage to paint a spice rack. Then I wanted to work on my buffet, once everyone was gone. Well, once the window guy left, the yard maintenance guy came, and by the time he left it was after 2 in the afternoon, and I was starving. My dogs have to be crated when there are strangers here, because my is truly a guard dog. (she even lays in the hallway 'guarding' when I soak in the tub). All I can say is that I didn't get to work on my buffet on Saturday :(



Sunday I was cleaning house as I awaited my son and his family to arrive, only to find out they weren't coming after all.

Today, I went back to job hunting. Spent the day in town, went to the post office, ran errands, and got home late in the afternoon. This evening I finally got some paint onto that buffet. I have decided that it will have a good coat of Pure Earth Paints Champagne Ice and then who knows what I will do with it. I want it to be light, because I am living in a mobile covered in paneling ...ughh!

So I AM working on the buffet, and it is taking longer than ever due to so much going on. It will be done soon, and I promise to post and share it, the moment it is ready for public viewing :) Hopefully that will be in just a day or two now that things are starting to settle down!