Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Dining table Final Reveal~

I know it has taken me forever to get this piece done. It has been a challenge to make plans to move, pack and paint all at once. I never knew how hard it would be, and hopefully will never have to go through this again! To top it all off, I have had a sore neck, with what I believe to be a slipped disk which ahs proven tobe extremely painful.

So without further babbling, here it is~



The table top has a marbled look to it, which I created with a Liquid Wax for Pure Earth Paints. I added custom coloring to the wax, mixing it to a brownish color. Once the wax was on and dry I did a white wash over the top. I left this to cure for day while nursing my slipped disk in my neck, and went to work to finish this up just this morning.

To finish the piece, I used clear liquid wax for a top coat, gave it about 5-10 minutes to dry then buffed it out to a beautiful shine.



The leaf required a bit more work. I still needed to apply the marble finish and white wash, as well as to sand the 'centerpiece'. Once it was al complete and ready, I applied to top coat of Liquid Wax, and buffed it out for that beautiful shine. With the leaf built in, the 'centerpiece' is only visible with the leaf pulled up and that is easier than any leaf I have seen before. Simply pull table apart, and the leaf comes up, open it, or unfold it, then slide table together again, giving an instant beautiful centerpiece for conversation, and it is quite  beautiful.


Folding it up, tucking it away.
(I know the photo below is not pretty. It is the underside of the leaf, and I simply overlooked that part.)


For every day use, you have a normal, marbled dining table. 


There are things I could have done better, without a doubt. I allowed my upcoming move to obscure the vision I had and for that I am ashamed! 

I can without a doubt that Pure Earth Paints is my favorite of all the paints I have used. While each paint has it's own special qualities, Pure Earth Paint is most versatile and forgiving, especially for a beginner like myself. I was able to manipulate the Liquid Wax to a color I liked to creat the marbling look, and it is super easy to apply. It took me less than ten minutes to apply and buff the top coat. To test the durability, I spilled a small glass of water on it table immediately after buffing, and it beaded up and rolled off, wiped up easily with no harm to the freshly buffed wax. 

*I recieved product to test for this and other projects from Pure Earth Paint, and all opinions are my own*

I will definitely continue to use these paints for the ease and for the delightful customer service! Toni and Melody are a joy to chat with!