Yes, that's right...this one is, in several ways, a bit lame! Well, not so much lame as it is sloppy, because wrapping vinyl around the tube was
Here's the story:
During a very rough weekend, I discovered that my supply box, filled with paints, stains, brushes, rags, and all my goodies, was not leak proof. A can of stain had tipped over, and leaked out into the supply box, which in turn leaked out onto my seat. The stain is not only on my seat, but also all over my paintbrushes! Oh noooo....we can't have that! I can clean the brushes easy enough....the seat will be a problem for a minute.
Another issue I was having was with scraps of vinyl in my Silhouette box, making me look
I wanted to do something for myself anyway, and wanted them to look pretty. Being super aware of using vinyl to decorate the tubes, not wanting to waste one bit of vinyl, I decided to part with a few sheets to dress the tubes up. I used scraps to cut the lettering, and as I fought with the vinyl wrapping around the tube, I questioned my idea. I just couldn't get a smooth surface no matter how much I tried to push and rub the bubbles out. Since it isn't a Huge deal for my own stuff, I gave up and finished the project. I will always have time to figure out how to do this better in the future!
My scrap tube gave me the most trouble. The purple vinyl just would Not lay down bubble free! I also forgot to take the excess vinyl off of the lettering, and have to work it differently. This is the tube that will hold all of my little scraps and be hidden in my Silhouette box, which fits perfectly, so I am not going to stress about it, but wowzer, what an eyesore! LOL
See all of those wrinkles? They will drive me nuts and will probably get fixed soon! At least I don't have vinyl scraps and transfer tape loose in the box, getting in my way now, so it works.
Now to make up for my sloppy work on my tubes, I made a dandelion reverse stencil. This was something I wanted to try despite the vinyl 'waste' and again, I used scraps to make this. I cut the dandelion file found in the Silhouette Studio, applied it to my board and painted it all. After the paint was dry, I removed the vinyl. Then I wanted it to look a touch more realistic, so I cut some grass using Silhouette Studio again, and added the grass under my dandelions.
It needs the trim of the board painted in this picture, and Mod Podge to seal it all, but it is at my dad house right now so will not be done for another day or two, till I remember to bring it home.
These projects are my contributions to he Silhouette Challenge for August, 2013. There are lots of beautiful projects completed this month by all of the other wonderful gals in the group and you can visit them all by following the links below! Be sure to let them know how much you like their projects because we all work hard each month to bring something new and cool to the table!
Using Silhouette Studio as a Graphics Programme by Get Silvered
Hymn Art by Unoriginal Mom
D.I.Y. Wedding Invitations by Create & Babble
Pow! Superhero Party Decorations by Lil Mrs. Tori
Family Photo Tile & A Free Cut File by My Favorite Finds
They said yes! Bridesmaid Proposal Box by Everydaypaper
Home on the Range: An Accent Pillow by Suburble
"Keep Calm" Onesie by The Thinking Closet
August Silhouette Challenge Project by Give Me a Paintbrush
Fancy Powder Room Sign by Joy & Gladness of Heart
How to Organize Cards & Photos by Super Sweet Life
It's Time to Try a New Craft Medium by Tanya's Creative Space
Milk Jug Crayon Bucket by It Happens in a Blink
The Gold and Beautiful by The House on Hillbrook
My First Silhouette Project: A Vinyl Chicken Decal by Life After Laundry
A Stache Bash Part 1 by Home at Eight
One Shoe Can Change Your Life by An Elegant Touch
Washi Tape Wall Art by Tried & True
Washi Tape & Vinyl Sign by Tossed Salad Life