Thursday, July 11, 2013

Do Small Things...a pallet board project!

If you have a love for pallet projects, here is a simple one I made into a Copper sign!

The materials I used were one pallet board, my handy dandy mouse sander ( any sander will do), some stain-color of your choice, a bit of copper paint, small brush and a way to cut out your lettering. I used my new Silhouette cutting machine.

First of all, I use a reciprocating saw to break the pallets down. You can find several tutorials on how to do that online.

Next, I use my mouse sander to sand the board to be sure it won't give any one splinters, Don't 'cha just hate getting splinters?! Once sanded, I used an old rag to stain the board. I used MinWax Jacobean stain, for a dark look. I didn't worry so much about getting into all the cracks and crevices because I wanted the distressed look, but once I was done, I fell in love because it has that appearance of just being pulled out of the fire!



Then I chose a design from the Silhouette Studio and found it wouldn't work with my board because it was all connected, so I used the same wording but made my own that would run across the board. I cut the design out, and used Mod Podge to glue it on and seal it in. 

Once it was all dry, I added another coat of Mod Podge to coat the whole board and give it a more finished appearance. 

Easy peasy, one day project!

How do you make Your signs??

I am linking up to
Organized 31