Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ongoing repairs

This table was cute when my dad suggested I get it a couple of weeks ago. Once we got it home, we discovered it was actually two nightstands put together to make it one. When I first saw it, I thought it would be great for crafting supplies or as a sewing cabinet. Not that I can sew....need to work on that!

At the moment, it is under construction. The back legs were half way chopped off, where the two stands met and they served no purpose, so I cut them down. If you enlarge the picture you can see the center legs that are half as long as the outer legs. They are gone now, and I used my trusty new Black and Decker mouse sander to sand those two areas smooth. 


Now I am waiting for my brother's help to repair some trim (he has the tool I need, and is using it on his own work here on the house)


Once the trim is repaired, I will finally be ready to paint. I feel like it has been forever since I have painted something and I can't wait to show you how this piece turns out. I have plans for this nice little stand to make it not only look nice, but to be functional again as well!!

Make sure to stop back in to see what I do with this stand!