Sunday, June 9, 2013

Hot Mess!

What does a person do with a 'hot mess' of a table? What would you do with something so weathered and old that it seemed barely worth the paint to revive it? Here is what I did!

This table was a weathered, hot mess when I got ahold of it. I decided to just keep it for my front porch and have fun with it. Sorry for no before pics. I wasn't sure I would do anything with this at all to be honest!


When I say weathered, I mean it looked like it was on deaths door. The poly or varathane, whatever it was, was nearly gone. It has all the markings of living a l ife outside with plants on it. So when I painted it, there was no need to do anything fancy, and I decided to just play with paint. 


I watered down the red and made it look almost like a Koolaid stain than a wash LOL 

And now it is
a plant stand on my porch.

The basket was also a hot mess so I gave it a coat of white spray paint, and now I am off to pick up some flowers to toss in there to add a bit more character to the table and pot. All in all, it took about half an hour to slap some paint on, make a mess, and there it is, looking quite cute sporting my plants!

What do you think of my little Hot Mess?

Linking up at Weekend Bloggy Reading