Friday, May 17, 2013

Celebrating Mom's Birthday Early

A few days ago my mom and dad came over, which is nothing unusual. But my mom, bless her heart, had brought my "Birthday present early since you aren't going to be here then". Well, yes, I am taking a trip next week, but....I am coming home on June 2nd.

My birthday is at the end of June, and mom's Birthday is May 23rd. She brought my gift over on about May 14th or 15th. So her birthday had not even come yet, and she was trying to celebrate my birthday. A clear sign that her memory is slipping, and one of the saddest things I have experienced to date.

So tonight when they came to visit, I had HER birthday present ready, and made sure she got it.





It isn't much. Just a Dollar Store clear square short vase, with the little birdie, some butterflies that she loves so much and Lilacs from the yard, with fresh rain on them. I wrapped the vase with Washi Tape, in various colors and patterns and sealed it with Mod Podge. 

Dad is our BaHumBug guy at times, especially when it comes to sentimental things, and mushy stuff. But I quickly reminded him that I am finally becoming the daughter mom has always wanted, by being crafty and creative. 

I really do have to thank all of you for the Inspiration, and Ideas. 

Mom was so intrigued and touched to have a new pretty to take home with her. 
That is worth all the gold in the world to me!