Friday, April 26, 2013

Today's Sneak Peek!

I am simply dying to share my hutch project with you all, and while it is not quite done yet, I have decided to share a Sneak Peek!

Whenever I work on a project, I try to envision if it is going to look like something I might buy if I were  shopping for something like it. I had NO vision for this piece when I started, other than I wanted it to be a smokey gray. I am using home made chalk paint, so when I got my latex paint home, it was lighter than I anticipated. Nothing to panic about though! I went to work, and here is the sneak peek of what I came up with. Personally, I am liking it, and think it will be beautiful when complete!


This was a quick photo I snapped on my way out. Mt parents were going to lunch, and I opted to come home for a bit ... to post this. 

Check back this evening after 6pm, PST, for the complete Reveal! 

UPDATE:
The hutch is not going to be finished tonight. 
One of my plans for the lower doors turned out to be an epic fail :(

The lesson I learned today is this: 
Do not try to decoupage on top of freshly waxed surface! 
At least not the way I did it. Thsat may have also been the problem. I was trying to reduce the amount of space on the waxed surface that was covered in Mod Podge, so I covered the back of the picture. Then I placed it on a freshly waxed surface. It bubbled. And bubbled some more. 

I had to remove the pretty paper, sand my surface, wash off glue, which was much easier than I expected, and repaint and re wax. 

The good news is that as soon as it was re painted and waxed again, when my mom came to see what I was doing, she could not tell the difference between the one I messed up and another door. All of the doors can be hung in the morning and then I will post the final project. 

My apologies for the delay.