Sunday, April 14, 2013

Hutch to paint!

I am thrilled to say that I scored a hutch to paint today. In my little town, Craig's List is not very popular, but that is where I found it.

Isn't it pretty?!?! I am excited to get to work on it. Sadly, it will take a few days before I can start. Maybe even a week. But I got it cheap and it is going to be stunning when I am done, I promise! 

My brother was in the middle of digging out our basement, and both of his trailers were occupied at the time, so I got my dad to help me pick it up. Then, once we got it over to dad's, where I will be painting it, I had to ask a neighbor to help unload it. It was heavier than I anticipated, and seemed to grow between picking it up and getting it home...a whole 5 minutes! 

It is 5 feet wide and over 6 feet tall. I will be standing on a ladder to get the top done! It now sits in dad's garage, and I will be getting all kinds of tips, I'm sure from him on what to do. Best part is, I got this for only $45! I asked dad out of curiosity if he thinks it is worth the money and he says "yeah but you're going to have to get, what, $60 out of it". I sure hope I get more than that from this piece! 

I would love to get some input from other's with more experience! x